Fire damages at Horsham's Victoria Hotel
UPDATE: 1:30PM 26.05.20
Several fire crews from in and around Horsham worked hard and fast to stop the spread of fire at Horsham Victoria Hotel Monday night.
INVESTIGATIONS have concluded the fire started due to a dryer in the laundry...with the fire causing extensive damage to the kitchen, main dining area and the separate function area - the MILL ROOM and outdoor beer garden...with the back part of the roof collapsing in also.
CFA crews were able to stop the spread of the fire to the second floor with 30 crew members on hand.
The damage bill is expected to be between three to four hundred thousand dollars and whilst it's an awful hit for the publican and locals... Terry Fradd, Operations Manager says they were pleased they were able to rescue the family pet - a dog that couldn't be found, to begin with.
No one was injured with the Hotel Owner suffering from smoke inhalation and being checked out on-site by paramedics.